Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sofia to Munich

This morning when I woke up the boys were in funny moods. Misha was super excited and hyper and Judah had a breakdown or two. We gave them a light breakfast so they wouldn't vomit on the plane. 

The taxis were about 30 mins early which was fine because we were too. We headed to the airport in two taxis because there are "so many of us" lol according to Bulgarians anyways haha. The taxi drivers wanted the kids to ride in one and me and Paul in the other. Um no. No Wayne how. Wasn't gonna happen. The guy must have known I meant business, shrugged his shoulders and moved on. The boys are very good travelers in cars. 

We arrived at the airport and got our boarding passes right away. We then waited almost a hour to check our bags. They were having a problem  with the family in front of us and eventually made them move aside. Then we headed through security with ease. On to the gate to wait. It was delayed a little bit but should be ok. 

I ask if we could have extra time to board and they allowed it. Boy did we need it too. 5 carry ons, a camera bag, 3 kids, one who can't walk. Yeah we needed it. We got in our seat just as the passengers started to come on board. 

We were the second to last row. Lots of leg room, for a plane, and all in the same row. Paul, Judah and Trinity sat on one side and Misha and I on the other. I had a lap belt thingy and ask how to use it. The flight attendant said how old? I said 5 pointing at Misha. She said I didn't need it. I sat him in his seat and bulked him in. He looked so tiny. Then the next flight attendant, how old? 5. Years? Da, yes. Him? Da. Yes. I've never seen anyone so confused. I started to laugh but then was afraid she would think I was joking so I gave her his passport. She just couldn't believe it. S he sat in his seat and she gave us a couple pillows to put all around him and he rocked himself to sleep. 

He slept a good part of the flight until the man next to me had to pee and woke him up. Not cool man, not cool. He clearly did not want to be up but I fed him and both he and Judah ate, drank and did very well. I can not complain. 

Oh I almost forgot...while at the airport a woman and her 20 month old were there. She was talking to us and talking in bulgarian to Misha. Her son and Misha did "bots." Giving fingers...wait...that doesn't sound right. They touch each others pointer fingers. It's a bulgarian thing, I like it. We do it with him all the time. We all get a kick out of it.  Misha was about a whole head smaller than this boy, but mom said he was very tall for his age. 

So in a few we will be landing. Currently Misha is sitting next to me drinking water. Judah is sitting by his dad watching cars. He had a great flight too. He ate and he played with all the buttons and loved the air on his face. At one point he did start rocking but Paul pressed down on his shoulders to calm him and he was fine from then on out. 

Can I just say, these are amazingly good children. I know honeymoon phase but maybe not....but maybe :) 

Be blessed







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.