Monday while I was running an errand and the endo doctor herself called. She is an amazing doctor. I was not expecting a call from her and thought it was just a follow up to see how Misha was doing.
We found out Misha has a new diagnosis (DX). Diabetes insipidus or DI. This is not diabetes 1 or 2. It actually should not be called diabetes at all. DI is a condition in which the kidneys are unable to conserve water. I knew he peed more than my other kids. About every 2 hours he pees through his diapers. They aren't cheap diapers and we went up a size to hold more. I had no idea there was an underlying issue.
Thank God for good doctors. Our endo thought maybe he had it because of the MRI but she wasn't sure because he wasn't crying at night for water. But what I said about that was that he may have cried for water or a bottle at first but you don't get drinks in the middle of the night at the orphanage so he would have stopped crying.
So back to the results from the bloodwork. It was confirmed beyond a doubt that Misha does have it. Some good news is that he has somehow managed to regulate his own body. We are never to force him to drink and never to deny him a drink. He started on a new med and had more bloodwork done.
She doesn't understand how he has made it this long especially given the conditions at the orphanage. But I know how. God. God knew he was my son the day he was conceived. Even before that. He knew he needed to be the orphanage favorite in order to survive. Had he been treated like our other son then he would have died early on.
Basically what has been happening is that he pees out every bit of water his body has. So he needs to be drinking way more in order not to bottom out. I have noticed a difference the last two days of him being on the meds. He is peeing a tiny bit less and also drinking a tiny bit less. We will wait to see if the meds are correct after the dr reads the bloodwork.
I am so beyond grateful to have him in my life.
Be blessed


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.